Monday, July 27, 2009
I've been hurt... Over the weekend of the 4th I hurt my foot and ankle in a golf cart accident. And nope, I wasn't even on a golf course. Who knew golf carts went fast enough to hurt anyone? I've been on crutches and then in a uber sexy astronaut boot. Chasing a 3 year old while on crutches is no joke. Thanks a million to my sweet hubs, wonderful fam & awesome friends for waiting on me hand and foot. I'm so glad to be back on both feet now.
I'm Moving On Up... I got a promotion at work. Said promotion is taking every ounce of brain power I have, however I'm feeling much more challenged and fulfilled.
I've been celebrating... My sister, Molly, got into nursing school at Alabama. She is going to make a rockin nurse. I'm sure she'll end up taking care of my clumsy self. My sister, Rebecca, is getting ready to head to Ole Miss where she will be majoring in Forensic Chemistry. Seriously. I'm one proud big sister!!!!
I have a 3 year old... What happened to the terrible twos? Three is so much worse. Keeping up with Little Red these days is no joke! He gets funnier and rowdier by the day. Never a dull moment.
I've been busy packing...Thursday I'm headed to the beach for a girls weekend with my besties. The sand and sun is calling my name. I'm beyond excited!
Friday, July 10, 2009
LR: Hey, mommy!
Me: Hey, buddy. I love you!
LR: Wuv you. How's you boo boo?
Me: It's much better. How are you?
LR: Good. I'm at GiGi's
Me: Fun! Are you being good?
LR: I'm being good and ugly.
At least he is honest. Poor GiGi.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Yes, I will eat in bed.
Yes, I will take the recommended amount of pain medication.
Yes, I will read an entire book cover to cover.
Yes, I will prop my leg up and never lift a finger (or toe).
No, I will not feel bad about it.
I also won't feel bad that Little Red is at GiGi & B-Bops indefinitely, especially since he is having such good clean fun!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Sigh. This is so not how I wanted to spend my summer. I have a girls beach trip coming up in a few weeks plus lots of other fun things planned. Now, I am a whiny, helpless, clumsy mess on crutches. I've always been Miss Independent and now I'm having to ask people for help. I hate it. I'll spare you the grossness of the pictures. They are not for the faint of heart. Every time I look at my leg I throw up in my mouth a little. Cleaning the wounds is just plain nasty and quite painful.
My parents & sisters have been at the beach all week. They are on the way home as I type this. I still can't figure out why they didn't come back as soon as I got injured. I'm totally kidding. Sort of. LR will be visiting them for a few days. Chasing after a 3 year old while on crutches is not easy. Heck, I can't even keep up with him when I'm 100%. Plus, the toys scattered all over my house are hazardous to my health (and sanity). Sorry 'bout the pity party, y'all. I'm gonna stay away til I have happy things to post...
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
NO PARENT LEFT BEHIND....
I promise you cannot read these and not laugh out loud. These are real notes written by parents in the Memphis school district. Spellings have been left intact.
1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please execute him.
2. Please exkuce lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot.
3. Dear school: please ecsc's john being absent on jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.
4. Please excuse gloria from jim today. She is administrating.
5. Please excuse roland from p.e for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.
6. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.
7. Carlos was absent yesterday because he was playing football. He was hurt in the growing part.
8. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.
9. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.
10. Please excuse ray friday from school. He has very loose vowels.
11. Please excuse Lesli from being absent yesterday. She had diahre dyrea direathe .
12. Please excuse tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.
13. Irving was absent yesterday because he missed his bust.
14. Please excuse jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.
15. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.
16. Please excuse jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it monday. We thought it was sunday.
17. Sally won't be in school a week from friday. We have to attend her funeral.
18. My daughter was absent yesterday because she was tired. She spent a weekend with the marines.
19. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.
20. Please excuse mary for being absent yesterday. She was in bed with gramps.
21. Gloria was absent yesterday as she was having a gangover..
22.. Please excuse brenda. She has been sick and under the doctor
23. Maryann was absent december 11-16, because she had a fever, sorethroat, headache and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, fever an sore throat, her brother had a low grade fever and ached all over. I wasn't the best either, sore throat and fever. There must be something going around, her father even got hot last night.
Now we know why parents are screaming for better education for our kids.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Coco tagged me and seeing as how I'm struggling for material I'll gladly play...
1. I come from a family of girls. I have 2 beautiful and amazing little sisters. I have no clue what to do with a smelly little boy, but I'm figuring it out one day at a time!
2. I sell trailers for a living and I love it. No, not the kind you live in. The kind you haul stuff in or on. Not so glamorous, but interesting and often entertaining. Nothing like being a woman in a man's world.
3. I LOVE all things adventurous. I love jeep riding, wake boarding, roller coasters, white water rafting and anything else that gets the adrenaline pumping.
4. When I was a wee little one my mom put me in dance lessons. My teacher IMMEDIATELY recommended gymnastics. She didn't so much love the fact that I was flipping all over the place during ballet class. My dance career was pretty short lived, but I was a gymnast through high school.
5. I read super fast. Seriously, I read all of the Twilight books in 4 days. I kid you not.
6. I love all things beachy. I want to live at the beach. I'd move tomorrow if I could. There is something about it that soothes my soul and puts my mind at ease. I'll drop everything in a second when given the opportunity for a getaway.
7. I love hoteling it with a passion. Give me maid & room service and I'm in heaven.
8. Seeing things through Little Red's eyes is my new passion. I love the enjoyment he has over simple things. Holidays are even better because he gets so excited. Everything is just so much more fun.
9. My fortune from lunch yesterday was "Tomorrow will be lucky and memorable for you."
10. Today I lost my debit card. After a minor freak out I called Wal-Mart, where I used it last. Sure 'nuff some fantastically wonderful person turned it in. Not so much what I was imagining when I open the cookie at lunch yesterday, but pretty dang lucky and memorable I'd say.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
In every other aspect he aspires to be a big boy, yet he couldn't care less about wearing big boy underwear. Heaven help me if I try to help him wash his hair, get in the tub or fix his juice. He'll not have it cuz he is a bog boy, but call him a baby for pottying in a pull up and he just laughs. I've tried candy, reward charts, new undies that he picked out, games and everything else I can think of. He's just not giving in. Everyone says boys take longer than girls and that he won't go to kindergarten in pull ups. He knows better and just doesn't seem to care. Kill me now.
LR: Mommy, I just want my daddy to sweep with me.
Me: No buddy, daddy is asleep. If you wake him up it will be big trouble.
LR: Don't say no. Dat is a bad word and daddy don't have a bad word in his mouth.
LR: Besides, I just wanna love on my daddy. He likes that.
No kidding, kiddo. Where did my baby go? Where did this big boy with the ability to reason and justify and manipulate come from? What have I gotten myself into?
Monday, June 22, 2009
LR double fisting his suckers!
Our sunset view!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
'Mum', he asked, 'Are these my brains?'
'Not yet,' she replied.
Happy Monday, y'all!
Our weekend was fab. Our basement is now organized and usable and our yard is looking great. Yay for Mr. Sass! I managed to tackle some major laundry and we even fit in some pool time and a couple of naps. I realized that I have not been doing well capturing pictures of our fun. I promise I will do better in the future. It seems I never even think about taking pic until the Kodak moment has passed. Maybe I need to hire someone to follow us around and document our shenanigans. On second thought that might not be such a great idea...I'll just try to do better.
Have a wondermous week!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
The Bipartisan Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act Needs Your Support!
Click Here to sign the petition
It only takes 30 seconds...Do this for you, me and every other lady out there. If you have a minute, read some of the horror stories told by women who have experienced this horrible surgery. If you aren't totally ticked you have serious issues. You might even vomit in your mouth a bit. Don't say I didn't warn you... Go ahead and get angry and then get into action. Let's put a stop to drive-through mastectomies.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Just when I thought I was going to lose it, in swoops GiGi to the rescue! She is saving me or the kids (depending on how you look at it). Little Red gets tomorrow off from daycare, Miss Sassypants gets to do something fun and I get to keep my sanity. Triple yay! I am meeting her for drop off tonight. Then, I have a hot date with Mr. Sass at a yummy sushi place. Adult conversation and adult beverages are just what I need. I'll be good as new when they get home tomorrow.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I can guarantee you customer service will be closed tonight. I'm fresh outta compassion. Heck, I might not even go home. Think they'll miss me?
Monday, June 1, 2009
My favorite moment was when a lil ole white haired lady pulled up. LR saw her, then immediately handed me his juice cup and ran over to hug her right around her knees. He almost knocked the poor woman down! She was slightly surprised, but a smile quickly spread across her lips. The entire time she shopped, he followed her around looking at me and Mr. Sass proclaiming, "Dat's mine!" and "My Grand Pete!" Grand Pete was my mom's mom that passed away about a year ago. Sweetest. lady. ever. I am so glad I was wearing sunglasses because there I was boo-hooing in the midst of my yard sale and I'm not really much of a crier. Sweetest. moment. ever. I am so thankful that we have done such a great job of keeping both of my grandmothers' memories alive. I really didn't think LR would remember them since he was so young when they passed, but he often asks for his Grand Pete and his Memi. Kids are just so stinkin amazing.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
This is the swim up bar I will visit while I'm catching rays.
And this is the beach I'll be chillaxin to the max on while cabana boys serve me drinks with umbrellas and rub sunscreen on my back.Rough life, I know. Coming back to reality will be a real buzz kill.
We went to my sister Becca's graduation lunch at church yesterday. As soon as LR saw the balloons and decorations, he proclaimed "Dis is a party!" He ran around so full of himself looking cute as can be. He did not want to leave and repeatedly has asked to go back to church so he can party. He might be slightly confused.
We are headed to Puerto Rico on Friday. I am beyond excited. Little Red can't wait to get on the airplane. He wants to go RIGHT NOW. I totally understand where he is coming from. Patience isn't our best virtue, but we're working on it. So much laundry and packing to do and not enough time to do it all. Somehow, I'm sure we'll manage, though.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Warning- this could get slightly mushy, so I understand if you want to skip ahead!
Fireman & nurse...Perfect combo!
She's just as much a prepneck as me!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG LIL SIS!!!!!!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Today is much better, thanks. Mr. Sass and I are celebrating 4 years of wedded bliss. In some ways I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and in other ways it seems like we've been married foreva. I am super lucky to have such a wonderful friend and hubs. Here's to many more!
We will be eating out tonight, so I won't be a hazard in the kitchen. I will NOT (ever) got to Dollar General. LR will not be bathing and the boss man is out of the office today. Things are totally looking up. Who cares if my kid is the smelly kid or that I have to pay $5 for an anniversary card? My sanity is a tad more important (today).
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Last night I wouldn't give him candy til he finished his dinner. He looked into my eyes with the most pathetic look on his face and said, "Mommy, you dust bwoke my heart."
Seriously, where does he come up with this stuff?
Monday, May 11, 2009
Check out the shirt. It says "Actually I am a Rocket Scientist" Haha! I don't know what LR is doing in this photo...
Check out the cake! Holy cuteness, batman.
See the kid in the very middle, Yep, the little bitty one one with the red Crocs. That would be the fearless Little Red. He LOVED this ride.
LR climbing the rock wall. They tried to tell him he wasn't big enough, but he wasn't hearing it. He climbed higher than most of the big kids.
Mr. Sass and LR checking out the moon exhibit...
LR's favorite exhibit. This is the donation box. Ha!
I had a lovely Mother's Day with my mom. I am so lucky to have her. Mama, you are the best!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
May 2- Jake & KT's wedding- DONE
May 8- Little Red & BBop's Birthday & Lil Big Sis Rebecca's Prom
May 9- Bush Graduation/ Little Red Bday Party, then Little Red & B-Bop Bday Dinner
May 10- Mother's Day
May 14- My Anniversary
May 15- Lil Big Sis Molly's 20th Birthday
May 17- Lil Big Sis Rebecca's Graduation Luncheon
May 20- Lil Big Sis Rebecca's High School Graduation
May 21-27 Family Vacay to San Juan, Puerto Rico
And somewhere in there I am supposed to squeeze working, blogging, cooking, cleaning, packing, etc. Yeah right! I admit that I am totally pumped about all the excitement going down this month and I'm so grateful that May of 2009 is so much happier than May of 2008, but I am also looking forward to the lazy daze of June. One thing is for sure, there will be no shortage of picture worthy events. Get ready!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Yesterday was a long day, though. We spent 7 plus hours driving all over the state. We had to pit stop at Mr. Sass's parents to pick up Little Red and wait out some nasty weather. We didn't get home til way too late and I am struggling today, so just sit back and check out the wedding fun~
Helping Katie put on her grandmother's jewelry...
The gorgeous bride. She was stunning...
Getting my drank on at the reception...
Keke and me cheezing (as always)...
Dance Party USA. I was slightly concerned (hopeful) that someone might fall in the pool. No such luck...
The beautiful fountain outside the mansion. The place was incredible.
The send off...Jake and Katie are now at an ecolodge in Costa Rica. Just chillin in the rain forest getting their honeymoon on.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Last night we were doctoring one of LR's (many) boo-boos. I put some medicine and a Transformer band aid on it and LR was all set. A few minutes later he came back and told me he needed the medicine to take to school. I'm certain my face showed a look of confusion because he promptly said, "I need it to fix Gabe's boo-boo on his knee. I can make it aw better." Be still my heart. Y'all, I nearly melted into a puddle on the floor. My little tough boy totally has a soft side. Don't tell his daddy!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
The (CDC) Center for Disease Control has issued a medical alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous virus that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even electronically. This virus is called Weekly Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! This virus will wipe out your private life entirely. If you should come into contact with WORK you should immediately leave the premises.
Take two good friends to the nearest liquor store and purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system. Be a good citizen and notify others of this alert. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.
LR took his first spin in a kayak and was actually pretty good at the whole paddling thing. I can't for the life of my figure out what is so fun about kayaking. I'm quite the adventurer, but have no desire to even go there. I mean you are STUCK in that tiny, silly looking boat all alone. There isn't even a place for a cooler. Craziness I tell ya, but Mr. Sass obsessed, so I'm thinking I need to up our life insurance policy.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Little Red and I are going fishing tomorrow. He is PUMPED to say the least. Ever since he caught his first little fishy from the dock on Easter, he has been chomping at the bits to go again. I'm having a hard time believing his patience will be as good this time but we'll see. We pass 2 lakes going to and fro daycare and EVERY time he tells me he wants to "go fwishin in dat lake!" We are headed out on the boat, so I'm sure I'll be his "best fwiend." If you need me tomorrow, I'll be soaking up the rays at the lake with my little man and some great friends.
I'll be traveling for work at the beginning of next week, but I promise (Molly) that I'll be back Tuesday with some seriously blog worthy material.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
This was the view from the chair where I happily planted my rear for 2 days straight. Ahhhhhhh!
Yes, this pic is now my computer screen saver, phone background and has been burned into my brain, thank you. Can't ya just hear the waves crashing?
Now, back to reality...
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Here is the bachelorette in all her garb. Congrats, KT!
Keke and me cheezing it up at Bud & Alleys...
And our crew after a fab dinner of seafood alfredo (Thanks, Susie & KT) and before our beach house dance par-tay USA. That's how we roll.
Other gals took tons of pictures, so I am sure I'll have more for you later and don't worry our next girls ONLY getaway is already in the works!