I got this in an e-mail and thought it was pretty funny and right on...I'm an 80's kiddo fo sho! See my thoughts in red...
You Know You(or your kids) Grew Up In the 80's IF:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
you know it!
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do theCarlton
I can and I do.
3. You know that 'WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom
I was so in love with Joey.
4. If you ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'
Watched it, but couldn't stand it- puppets freak me out.
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
Sorry, but even cartoons can't get me up early.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
I rocked it!
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
Best game eveah! Have they made an updated version? There are a few peeps I'd like to see come down with Typhoid or Scarlet Fever.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
We had tons of 'em. I even had one shaped like a flamingo.
9. You played the game 'MASH'(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
I was supposed to live in a mansion, marry Kirk Cameron, have 3 kids and drive a porsche. What happened?
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
Tight rolled of course-
11. You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
Notsomuch, but Little Red loves this movie!
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe)
You know it- fluorescent spandex was da bomb!
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and his nationality became questionable.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
She was hot stuff!
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
I really don't remember doing this...
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
Like it was yesterday!
18. You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
I had thread in every color.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
I broke an egg on my jelly shoe in kindergarden while cooking. So gross!
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know what you are, but what am I?'
23. You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
I was actually really good at skippin it.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
I don't think I ever did that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
They also freaked me out.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
Neil Patrick Harris & Alyssa Milano still rock!
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown a lien from Melmac.
When I was in college a guy I knew dressed up like Alf for Halloween. Funniest thing ever.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'
Loved them more than life itself...
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class..
Loved Zach, Kelly, Screech, Lisa, Jesse & Slater more than life itself, too.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
and you're too late
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
you give love a bad name
34. You still sing 'We are the World'
we are the children...
35. You tight rolled or french cuffed your jeans. And still debate on which is the right term!
36. You owned a bannana clip.
I owned one in every color.
37. You remember 'Where's the Beef?'
Actually, I don't...
38. You used to (and probably still do) say 'What you talkin' 'bout Willis?'
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
40. You rocked a permed 'fro for at least 1 school picture!
I rocked it in multiple school pics!
Brave Frontier Starter Tips
1 hour ago