CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Word of Mouth

Little Red has several little cavities. (The dentist didn't actually say they were little, but considering LR's teeth are little I'm gonna call 'em little, k?) Total bummer, I know... The dentist wants to put him to sleep at the hospital to fill them. Shut the front door! I'll just tell you I am still in shock. Can you say second opinion? I'm totally bummed out and have spent alot of time researching opinions and options. I'm taking him to Mr. Sass's childhood dentist in a couple of weeks to see what he thinks. We'll do whatever we have to, but I just can't imagine having to put him under anesthesia.


On a happier note, LR was a perfect angel at the dentist. He sat in the chair like such a big boy. Made his GiGi (and his mama) super proud.

So, I thought this would be the perfect time to remind you of my dental phobia. I am missing 4 permanent teeth (it's hereditary) and spent alot of my childhood in and out of the dentist's office for one thing or another. I also had braces, whitening, the works. Basically, my parents spent a small fortune on my mouth. Thanks, Mom & Dad! However, I have been left with nightmares of my teeth falling out and will not under any circumstances bite into an apple or corn on the cob. I am concerned that some of my dental phobia could be rubbing off on LR, in turn causing him to not take care of his teeth properly. In an effort to get over this, I am going to share some dental humor with you. Just maybe it'll make me feel better. Do you think this is an effective form of therapy?

Dentists are incapable of asking questions that require a simple yes or no answer.

What does the dentist of the year get?...A little plaque


What did the tooth say to the departing dentist?...Fill me in when you get back

A patient asked the dentist, if it wasn’t nasty to be all the day with the hands in someone's mouth. The dentist answered "I just think of it as having my hands in their wallet."
And my fave...


1 comment:

Anniebanannie said...

OH NOES on the cavities! Keep us updated on what the other dentist says. Poor LR!