CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Working For The Weekend

The weekend was wondermous. I had a much needed break and Little Red got to go to the zoo, which he loved. How is it that I was so looking forward to the break (especially after LRs shenanigans in CVS) and once I was gone all I could think about was how much fun he'd be having if he were with us? I was super excited to pick him up yesterday. He was so tired that he slept all the way home and then proceeded to sleep for 2 more hours after we got there. Luckily I was able to get some laundry and cleaning done while he slept. After he woke up, we played, snuggled and played some more. He wouldn't leave my side, which was a-ok by me. I didn't even mind having company in the bathroom. That's a lie, but I just didn't have the heart or the energy to kick him out.

This morning, he kept instructing me to hurry up and get ready so he wouldn't be late for school. Talk about role reversal! This is such a change from me dragging his whining little self to the babysitter every morning with him telling me over and over not to go to work. I'm just hoping he will still love school after the new wears off. Friday afternoon BBop actually had to bribe him to get him to leave the playground when he picked him up.

We got to spend some time with Lil Miss Sassypants over the weekend. She is growing up so fast. She will be 13 in August. She is such a beautiful, smart girl. Mr. Sass is going to be beating the boys off with a stick.

This weekend should be filled with a whole lot of nothing, which sounds absolutely fabulous to me. We are going to do some stuff around the house and just hang out. Mr. Sass's parents- Nanu and Pop- may be coming for a visit. I guess that means I have to clean my house. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anniebanannie said...

LOVE your new layout!

It always seems to be the case when we finally get a break from em...we end up missin the freak out of em. Glad you had a nice weekend.